Chad A. Schmidt, ATC, CSCS, OTC
Undergraduate Education: Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training; University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Graduate Education: Master of Arts in Education Leadership; University of Nevada, Reno, NV
Post-Graduate Residency: Certified Athletic Training Residency Program, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine; University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
- Board of Certification, Inc. Certified Athletic Trainer, 2013
- National Strength and Conditioning Association, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, 2014
- National Board for Certification of Orthopaedic Technologists, Inc. Orthopaedic Technologist Certified, 2015
- Sports Medicine
- Shoulder and Knee Arthroplasty
- General Orthopedics
- Application of Evidence Based Medicine With Clinical Practice
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
Chad enjoys spending time outdoors hiking, backpacking, kayaking, and water skiing. He is an avid lover of all sports, especially baseball. As a fan he roots for his hometown teams the Tampa Bay Rays, Buccaneers, Lightning, and Orlando Magic. He also enjoys cooking and physical exercise.
Chad directly assists Dr. Samuel P. Robinson with patient care and education. As an athletic trainer, he specializes in the assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries as well as injury prevention. He is a liaison between athletic trainers, physicians, physical therapists, patients, and Dr. Robinson. Chad serves as an easily accessible point of contact for urgent and non-emergent situations and inquiries for better, effective, and efficient patient care. He assists in educating patients on their injuries, surgery, recovery time, therapeutic exercise, and returning to full function.