About the Jordan-Young InstituteOffering patient focused, lifestyle based outcomes
In 1986, two of Hampton Roads finest orthopedic surgeons collaborated on a plan to create a specialized orthopedic practice to deliver the highest level of expert care and surgical proficiency. Focusing on quality outcomes, these two physicians and the physicians today evaluate clinical experiences over time to provide you with the safest, most effective, timeliest, most efficient patient-centered care available. Priding themselves on staying focused to the ever changing field of Orthopedic Surgery, our surgeons uphold high expectations of themselves so that you are treated with a premier level of care. As a result, the surgeons of the Jordan-Young Institute, past and present, have become leaders in their field.
At Jordan-Young Institute, advanced technology and cutting edge orthopedic procedures allows our physicians to offer our patients the most current treatment options available in joint repair and reconstruction today. Our surgeons, however, understand that the patient is the most important instrument in defining their own treatment outcome. With this in mind, patients of Jordan-Young Institute will be involved with their physician from their first appointment in an effort to develop a personalized care plan of care. Although everyone’s case is unique and outcomes can unfortunately never be guaranteed by anyone, we strive to deliver the highest level of treatment based on current medical science, modern technology, and meticulous technique.
The physicians of Jordan-Young Institute are known locally, nationally, and internationally as providing the highest level of quality, patient-focused orthopedic care in the Hampton Roads area and Commonwealth of Virginia. They are recognized by their peers and patients year after year as the area’s best orthopedic surgeons in periodicals such as Castle-Connelly, US News and World Report, and Hampton Roads Magazine. Performing over 1600 joint replacements per year and comparable numbers for surgical repair of joint-related injuries, Jordan-Young’s surgeons have set the standard for orthopedic care in Hampton Roads and beyond.
We invite you to explore our Web site today to learn more about our procedures, staff, and patient care. Please contact us at (757)490-4802 with your questions. We look forward to helping you.
Jordan-Young InstituteWe are Experts, Physicians & Mentors
Our Specialtiesindividualized, unique care
We are experts and instructors in the latest procedures and technologies.
Foot & Ankle
Jack Siegel, MD, FAAOS
- US News & World Report – Top Orthopedic Surgeon 2012; Hampton Roads Magazine - Top Doctor in Orthopedic Surgery – 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010 (Hall of Fame), 2011, 2012,2013
- Consumer Research Council of America, “America’s Top Orthopedic Surgeons” 2011, 2012
- Chair, Surgery Executive Committee, Sentara Leigh Hospital
- Specializing in Total Joint Replacement of the knee, hip, shoulder and elbow
James Dowd, MD, FAAOS
- Hampton Roads Magazine Top Doctor in Orthopedic Surgery 2011, 2012,2013
- Ranked in “America’s Top Surgeons” Consumer Research Council of America
- Co-Chair, Joint Replacement Quality Improvement Committee, Sentara Leigh Hospital
- Nationally recognized expert in Minimally Invasive Hip & Knee Replacement and Revision
Nicholas Midis, MD, FAAOS
- Hampton Roads Magazine Top Doctor 2012,2013
- Regional leader in treatment of foot and ankle problems
- Provides both non-operative management and surgical reconstruction for the foot and ankle
- Total Ankle Replacement
Kevin Bonner, MD, FAAOS
- US News & World Report “Top Doctors” 2011, 2012; Castle Connolly Top Doctor;
- Hampton Roads Magazine “Top Doctors” : 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012,2013
- Consumers’ Research Council of America “America’s Top Orthopaedists” 2007-2012
- Specializing in Knee & Shoulder Surgery, Sports Medicine.
Louis Jordan, MD, FAAOS
- Hampton Roads Magazine “Top Doctors”: 2013
- Recognized as a regional leader in hip and knee replacement and revision
- Director, Jordan Research Foundation
- Medical Director, Gentiva Health Systems
- Specializes in minimally invasive hip and knee replacement and revision
Samuel Robinson, MD, FAAOS
- Hampton Roads Magazine “Top Doctors”: 2013
- Orthopedic Program Director, Medical Student Education , Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Chair, Orthopedic Department, Sentara Leigh Hospital
- Specializes in Knee & Shoulder Surgery and Sports Medicine