Allison Hetrick, ATC, OTC
Undergraduate Education: Bachelor of Science in Physical Education; Hillsdale College, Hillsdale, MI
Graduate Education: Master of Science in Athletic Training; Bridgewater State University, Bridgewater, MA
Post-Graduate Residency: Michigan State University Clinical Athletic Training Residency Program, East Lansing, MI
- Board of Certification, Inc. Certified Athletic Trainer, 2015
- National Board for Certification of Orthopaedic Technologists, Inc. Orthopaedic Technologist Certified, 2016
- Sports Medicine
- General Orthopedics
- Application of Evidence Based Medicine within Clinical Practice
- Shoulder and Knee Arthroscopy
- Virginia Athletic Trainers’ Association
- Mid Atlantic Athletic Trainers’ Association
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association
Allison enjoys playing softball and volleyball, running, and spending most of her time outdoors. Being from Indiana, she is an avid college basketball fan, cheering on the Indiana Hoosiers. She also enjoys rooting for the Indianapolis Colts, Pacers, and the Boston Red Sox.
Allison directly assists Dr. Kevin F. Bonner with patient care and education. As an athletic trainer, she specializes in the assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries as well as injury prevention. She is a liaison between athletic trainers, physicians, physical therapists, patients, and Dr. Bonner. Allison serves as an easily accessible point of contact for urgent and non-emergent situations and inquiries for better, effective, and efficient patient care. She assists in educating patients on their injuries, surgery, recovery time, therapeutic exercise, and returning to full function.