Teresa Brooks recommends Jordan Young Institute for Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine. Just now · I had 2 massive tears in my rotator cuff along with bone spurs and a massive tear in my bicep tendon. I was recommended to Jordon Young Institute and specifically Dr. Kevin Bonner. Dr. Bonner explained to me that my shoulder was very ugly as my tendons were so shredded from an accidental fall on 8/25/19. Dr. Bonner & PA Gill did my surgery on 10/21/19. Every step of the way, they have truly been amazing. I am now 16 weeks post-op & have been in physical therapy for 2 1/2 months with at least 6 weeks more to go for strength training. My physical therapist said my improvement was remarkable. Thanks so much to Dr. Kevin Bonner, PA Gill and the entire team!!
I am pain free after synovial cyst removal and L4-5 fusion by Dr. Laurent. Six weeks after surgery, I am walking 6-7 miles a day, walking up stairs and exercising on the elliptical at the gym. Dr. Laurent and his PA Sean were active listeners and addressed all of my concerns prior to surgery. I was discharged from the hospital 24 hours after surgery remarkably pain free. I would choose Dr. Laurent again if I needed surgery.
Sara (Dr. Levi’s Physician Assistant) is patient, compassionate, phenomenal and one of the best with a needle! They are an amazing team!
After suffering through two shoulder surgeries to repair a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder in the past one and a half years, I met with several doctors in my area for "second opinions" only to be turned away. I was given Dr. Bonner's name and made an appointment to see him. I traveled 4 hours from Maryland for my appointment and it was worth every mile on the road! From the time I signed in, the staff treated me with kindness and respect and were eager to help. Within 5 minutes of being taken to the exam room the nurse took an X-ray and then Dr. Bonner and his intern came in. Dr. Bonner did a very thorough examination, which lasted over an hour, and for the first time I had hope! Dr. Bonner knew I was in severe pain and had very little mobility of my primary arm. He said he could do the surgery on my shoulder and scheduled me right in.
I owe my future to Dr. Bonner because if it wasn't for him, I'd have the use of only one arm. He took the time to examine me, and the records from my two previous surgeries, and put together a plan. He operated on me to repair my torn rotator cuff, which was complicated by an "anchor" that had fallen out from the previous surgery I had in Maryland. I could tell within three days after Dr. Bonner operated that it was a success! There were no complications and the scars are barely visible. I'd just like to say to anyone who's been told by a orthopedic doctor "there's nothing they can do," go see Dr. Bonner at the Jordan-Young Institute in Virginia Beach, VA. I have to say that from the moment I walked into his office I knew I finally was in the right place!
Dr. Bonner is kind, caring and compassionate and his skills as an orthopedic surgeon are second to none! He truly cares about every patient and his mantra is "to get you back to your life before your injury," and in my case he did just that and I am forever grateful.
- After a career in the USMC and two previous shoulder surgeries, still with constant pain and lack of mobility, I was referred to Dr. Griffin. After reviewing my history, numerous images and several injections (over a period of 2 years) we decided shoulder replacement was my best option. I, of course, was dreading this decision. I had full confidence in Dr Griffins' decision and abilities but wanted other opinions. After traveling to Baltimore and visiting with a surgeon at Towson, I returned to Dr Griffin with even more confidence in Dr Griffin. We then scheduled the procedure for 17 Jan of 2019. The surgery and entire evolution at Sentara went better than I could have ever imagined. Within 3 or 4 days, I had less pain in my shoulder than I'd had in many years. Following 6 weeks of Rehab at JYI I was released to exercise and strength train on my own. I continued to stretch, exercise and strengthen my shoulder for 6 months. I recently saw Dr Griffin for my 6 month follow up and couldn't be happier. I am able to perform movements, exercises and activities with my shoulder that I haven't been able to perform in many, many years. I literally have a new shoulder. I would highly recommend anyone suffering for shoulder pain to visit Dr Griffin and follow any recommendations that he offers. My wife is now seeing Dr Griffin for her shoulder pain. I would also recommend anyone looking for or needing any physical rehabilitation to visit the amazing team at JYI Rehabilitation. I can't thank Dr Griffin, his amazing team and of course JYI Rehab team enough. My only regret is that I didn't see Dr Griffin many years ago.
- I’m a competitive powerlifter and train year-round with heavy squats and other movements. I was experiencing some hip and elbow pain with training. I tried what my primary care doctor recommended which included rest for 4 weeks and taking anti-inflammatory meds. I wasn’t healing or getting the relief I needed no matter how much I avoided those movements. I contacted Dr. Horn because since he works with athletes who have these issues and I needed help. He suggested trying PRP injections. I underwent 2 hip treatments and an elbow treatment. I had excellent results and was able to continue my training and get stronger throughout the year. I highly recommend the procedure to anyone who is experiencing pain and joint issues
- The stem cell treatment I had for my shoulder from Dr. Horn far exceeded my expectations. Before the treatment I was struggling with any shoulder exercises and the pain was keeping me up at night due to a rotator cuff tear. Pushups are no longer a problem and I sleep through the night. The increase in range of motion and decrease of discomfort in the shoulder started within about 2-3 weeks of the treatment and improved steadily over the next 6 months. Well worth it!
- I am an active 38 year old with knee pain due to some early arthritis. Dr. Horn performed a PRP injection on my right knee because I was having pain with exercising. While I still have some pain here and there, I would say it’s about 80-90% improved and I am able to weight train and run with minimal pain. I will definitely look at the procedure again in the future if I have issues with the knee or other joints.
- Stem cell injections in my low back from Dr. Horn was a life saver. I had chronic low back pain. I work as a mechanic, which requires a lot of bending and getting into weird positions. I tried steroid injections, physical therapy, medications, and a chiropractor with no improvement. I found Dr. Horn who injected my L5 disc with my own stems cells from my hip. After a few months, I am off my pain medicine, moving better, and my wife says I’m in a much better mood!
- I have bad arthritis in my wrists and thumbs. Cortisone injections were working at first, but they seemed to work less as time went on. My orthopedic surgeon suggested possible fusion, but he thought I should talk with Dr. Horn first to see what other non-surgical options were out there. Dr. Horn explained that I could try using my body’s platelets to help with my pain and arthritis, which I decided to try. I’ve had to get an injection once a year for the past few years, but am happy I have not had to have surgery!
- Dr. Levi got rid of my hip pain-which I had for 4 years! I had seen 2 other doctors. First we tried a steroid injection into my bursitis. The pain came back 4 months later. Dr Levi did PRP on my hip tendon and now the pain has been gone for 2 years!
- Before I saw Dr. Levi, I had two steroid shots for my tennis elbow which did not help much. I spent 3 months in physical therapy. I saw Dr. Levi and he did an ultrasound and could see tears in the tendon. He did a procedure called PRP with my own blood. It worked! It is the first time in years I can do everything without my elbow pain. I can even paint again.
- I have really bad knee arthritis. Bone on bone. I really did not want a knee replacement. I tried other shots but nothing lasted more than a week or two. We decided to try PRP. It is not perfect but it is much better. I can play golf again-and walk!
- When I first came to APM I thought there was nothing that could be done for me. I couldn’t walk upstairs because of my hip. I couldn’t sleep on that side. I couldn’t walk my dog at night which I love to do. We tried a steroid injection which worked much longer than the others I had before. He used an ultrasound to show him where to put the needle. When it came back we talked a lot about options. He let me make the decisions. We decided on trying a healing type of treatment PRP which used my own blood. This worked so well. I can sleep! I can do anything now without it hurting. I can’t thank Dr. Levi enough.
- My family doctor referred me to Dr Levi. He gave me years of relief with steroid injections once a year. When that stopped working and they wanted to replace my hip I wouldn’t do it. He suggested we try the blood concentrate into my hip with ultrasound. I did it and am so happy. I can walk upstairs much better and still get around shopping.
- I struggled for years with my hamstring. I thought it was sciatica. Other doctors told me it was as well. Dr Levi did a bunch of tests and it turns out it was my hamstring. We did PRP to the tendon and I got my life back. No more pain. I would recommend Dr Levi to anyone
Write a review
If you're interested in submitting a testimonial for Jordan-Young Institute, Please use the form below to do so.
Fields marked ( * ) are required