Louis C. Jordan, MD, FAAOS Orthopedic Surgeon
At the Jordan-Young Institute, Dr. Louis Jordan primarily specializes in the treatment of injuries and disorders involving the knee and hip. Dr. Jordan lives in Virginia Beach with his wife, who is a pediatrician, and their sons. He enjoys spending time with his family, as well as tennis, golf, and skiing.
Dr. Jordan is assisted by Angela Rivera, NP-C
- Undergraduate Education: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Medical Degree: Tulane University, New Orleans,
- Internship, General Surgery: University of Virginia, Charlottesville
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery: University of Virginia, Charlottesville
- Fellowship, Adult Reconstruction with concentration on total hip and total knee: Cornell University, New York, NY
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, 2005
Areas of Specialization
- Joint replacements of the hip and knee
- Revision surgery of the hip and knee
- Orthopedic afflictions of the hip and knee
- General Orthopedics
- Sentara Leigh Hospital
Awards & Honors
Top Doc in Orthopedic Surgery, as voted on by peers, Coastal Virginia/Hampton Roads Magazine, 2013- 2017, 2019
- Member, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Member, Virginia Orthopedic Society
- Member, Norfolk Academy of Medicine
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, Medical Society of Virginia
- Hartzband MA, Glassman AH, Goldberg VM, Jordan LR, Crowninshield RD, Fricka KB, Jordan LC. Survivorship of a Low-stiffness Extensively Porous-coated Femoral Stem at 10 Years. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2009.
- Jordan L, Kilgman M, Sculco TP. Total knee arthroplasty in patients with poliomyelitis. J Arthroplasty. 2007;22(4):543-8.
- Jordan LR, Sorells RB, Jordan LC, Olivo JL. The long-term results of a metal-backed mobile bearing patella. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2005;436:111-8.
- Seldes RM, Winiarsky R, Jordan LC, Baldini T, Brause B, Zodda F, Sculco TP. Liquid gentamicin in bone cement: a laboratory study of a potentially more cost-effective cement spacer. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005;87(2):268-72.
- Moskal JT, Jordan LC, Brown TE. The porous coated anatomic total hip prosthesis: 11 to 13 year results. J Arthroplasty 2004;19(7):837-44
- Sculco TP, Jordan LC, Walter WL. Minimally invasive total hip arthroplasty: the Hospital for Special Surgery experience. Orthop Clin North Am. 2004;35(20):137-42.
- Mierisch CM, Cohen SB, Jordan LC, Robertson PG, Bilian G, Didich DR. Transforming growth factor-beta in calcium alginate beads for the treatment of articular cartilage defects in the rabbit. Arthroscopy. 2002;18(8):892-900.
- Diduch DR, Jordan LC, Mierisch CM, Balian G. Marrow stromal cells embedded in alginate for repair of osteochondral defects. Arthroscopy. 2000;16(6):571-7.
Presentations & Lectures
- Bonner, KF., Jordan LC, Olivo J, Voorhorst PE, Jordan L., Survivorship analysis of cementless mobile-bearing total knee arthroplasty: 9- 12 year follow-up. Poster Presentation AAOS 2005, Washington D.C.