David A. Vincent, MD, FACS, FAANS Neurosurgeon
Dr. Vincent is a board-certified, fellowship-trained neurosurgeon who specializes in minimally invasive spine surgery, spinal tumors, and spinal deformity. He graduated medical school from Louisiana State University, followed by a general surgery internship and neurosurgery residency at the University of Virginia. Subsequently he went on to complete a fellowship in complex spine surgery at the University of Alabama.
He is certified by the American Board of Neurologic Surgery, a fellow of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), a Fellow in the American College of Surgeons (FACS), a member of The Society of Lateral Access Surgeons (SOLAS) and a member of the Scoliosis Research Society (SRS). He is actively involved in clinical research and minimally invasive product development. He has a passion for surgeon education and routinely lectures and teaches courses around the country. He has consistently been recognized as a “Top Doctor” in Virginia for many years.
He enjoys playing guitar and spending time on the water with his wife and three children.
- Undergraduate Education: The University of the South, Sewanee Tennesee
- Medical Degree: Louisiana State University; Baton Rouge, LA
- Internship, General Surgery: University of Virginia; Charlottesville, VA
- Residency, Neurosurgery: University of Virginia; Charlottesville, VA
- Fellowship, Complex Spine Surgery: University of Alabama; Birmingham, AL
Areas of Specialization
- Complex Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Degenerative Spine Disease
- Spinal Tumors
- Deformity Correction
- Discogenic Pain
- Disc Replacement
- Clinical Research
- Minimally Invasive Product Development
- American Board of Neurologic Surgery
- Sentara Princess Anne Hospital
- Fellow, American Association of Neurologic Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Society of Lateral Access Surgeons
- Member, Scoliosis Research Society
Awards & Honors
- Top Doc in Neurologic Surgery, as voted on by peers, Coastal Virginia/Hampton Roads Magazine, 2013- 2019
- Louisiana State University, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Pioneer in Gamma Knife Surgery Award
- Lars Leksell Gamma Knife Society
- U.S. News & World Report, Top Doctors
Family & Interests
Dr. Vincent lives in Virginia Beach with his wife and family. He enjoys spending time on the water with his family, playing guitar, and snowboarding.